Sony Xperia Z or Samsung Galaxy S4 :Which one is better Smartphone of 2013
The Battle of the Smart Devices: Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy S4 :
The showdown between mobile sets has become the new in-thing in tech fashion trends throughout the globe. Today’s face-off has two of the stalwart Android phones in the market : the Sony Xperia Z and Samsung Galaxy S4. Let’s scrutinize their features and specifications which can lead us to the conclusion of this tech battle.
- Display: If you have a Sony Xperia Z in your hand, then you might not need a television set at home. The Xperia Z offers you one of the best full HD display. With a 5 inch display screen, 1080 progressive scan and 443 PPI, the Xperia Z gives you one of the best Full HD experience on a phone.
While a Samsung Galaxy S4 will also not disappoint you with its display. The 5 inch screen with 441 PPI is not bad at all. But what attracts your eyes the most to this Samsung touch screen mobile is a Super AMOLED capacitive screen.
- Design: Samsung has gone for a more conservative approach to its design philosophy with the Galaxy S4 with its design being more of an evolution from the Galaxy S3. It is very light in weight and sleeker than its forerunner, the Galaxy S3.
Sony, on the contrary, has gone with an overhaul of its designing fundamentals by adding a combination of glass and polycarbonate. Sony has also made its flagship device with waterproofing solutions.
- Processor and Battery: It is believed that a good operator does half the job of your phone. Sony has the 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor embedded in the Xperia Z. It is a super fast processor, though at times it shows that occasional stutter, but works well otherwise. The battery life is not too great but it suffices. You wouldn’t want to travel without the charger. The Snapdragon chipset offers enough juice to run the most resource-hogging apps and widgets.
Samsung comprises their indigenous Exynos processor with an incredible EIGHT cores, and has named it the Octa-core. The Octa-core processor blows the competition out of the water with its sheer brute processing power not to mention the additional advantage of its 2 GB RAM under the hood. It passes with flying colors when put to any benchmark test.
- Camera: Both the companies have chosen the trend in fitting their respective flagships with a thirteen megapixel rear camera and a two megapixel front facing camera. The camera applications of the Xperia Z are among the most feature-packed and user-friendly, in terms of software. It consists of the ability to choose output resolution, ISO settings, exposure controls, metering, white balance control, image stabilization and such. It has the ability to toggle between touch to capture and touch to focus and a useful smile shutter. It comes with HDR mode in both video and photo capture. You can also choose between panoramas, burst mode, different scenes, filters etc.
Galaxy S4 has also incorporated a thirteen megapixel camera, with a multitude of camera tweaks and settings. Features range from the dual shot to the drama shot to the animated photo. The camera does a great job in capturing 16:9 shots though that reduces its field of view. It performs well outdoors but inside, the photos come out a bit grainy.
- Durability: Both devices are extremely soothing to look at but at the back of every user’s mind there will be concern for the durability of each. Both are clad with gorilla glass covered displays but that does not save them from the fact that they are fragile and susceptible to drops.
- Cost: Both devices are costly but the Sony Xperia Z’s price in India stands at approximately Rs. 36490 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 can actually burn a hole in your pocket, as it is priced at a whopping Rs.41500 approximately. But those who are looking forward to buy these handsets know this, and have a deep pocket.
Now, having put down all the advantages and disadvantages of these two smartphones, it is up to you to decide whom you want to declare the winner .So which one is better Smartphone of 2013 Sony Xperia Z or Samsung Galaxy S4 ???